...and the foot steps that I leave behind

Thursday, January 6

finger...bukan hak milik unggul bijih timah lagi..

Finger...what about it ekh? one that famously known in the entire universe would be finger lickin' good, bak kate Pak Cik KFC..
naahhh..now finger pun boleh haus, overuse! World depend too much on it...

I remembered how a year ago, when I skype-ed with my lil brother, and mentioned to him that we almost starved that week, due to a..delivery delayed. He went straight, "What did you buy?"
and I just plainly answered; "hurm? Oh...groceries, you know, rice, eggs, bread, onions, spinach, salt-sugar, all the dapur stuff lah. And oh yeah, I bought shampoo too. This is the main emergency you know!"
He was like....erm..all the letters and symbols on this keyboard.
How funny it was to him, yet it is even more funny to me. Hey, I'm the girl who started using internet for the first time after school, and merely because of those online applications stuff. At least you know, really know laptop and internet years ago, and have friendster, tagged, myspace, facebook and the i-dont-know-what-else-in-your-list accounts since you were..,what? Form 3? Seriously....
I can't recall exactly how he laughed or grinned or cried that day, but I can remember well my own laugh, last week. The day when Maa told me about how he suddenly received a huge parcel and she kept on questioning him about it. I think I have started to laugh a bit by then. Just a bit before it turned really huge. Hurm..I don't know what measurement is used for laugh. (if there's any). Anyway, what was it that he bought? I beg your pardon Maa....

oh yeah, he bought this, via Internet...

nahh..now stop questioning me about the type of stuff I buy in the internet. No worries, the bananas still taste like banana and not papaya, and the onion still smell the same and cry out the same amount of tears as usual, even though you didn't pick them yourself at the shop. 
We are in a totally different era now. Fingers no longer serve only for those bijih timah millls, not only to wear those round-shape love symbol, not only to identify who is who.
Wonder what else can these fingers do in the future?
A powerful wave begins here;fingers...and nasi lemak.

Oh, I'm still laughing now. 
Can't really figured out was it Maa's reaction or your 'mysterious delivery' that tickles my kidney.

7 comments:

  1. read this entry THRICE and still couldnt figure what it is that u were trying to say. Seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread it thrice too to figure which part..hehe..
    I think its..ermmm..'That the world has tremendously changed now, and everything easily controlled with the tip of our fingers only?'
    I mean, back then when I'm, well...a very the very stay-at-the-kampung girl, i never know that we can buy onion by just clicking 'buy', and then zupp..in 2 days they'll be in your kitchen.
    Dulu-dulu kan nak beli bawang kene picit sebijik2 kat pasar nak kena makesure dorang segar...kan?
    And...yeah, I laugh because, my brother pun boleh pulak beli rim tayar motor dier kat internet when the shop just 3 minutes away from our house..kat Malaysia...

    Got internet-buying-culture-shock..kot..

    anyway, the point is, in the future, maybe akad nikah pon ley tekan 'Saya terima' and zupp,,she/he is your partner of life. Haa..ley jimat ur 8 tahun tu..*kidding2.

    I dont know what else should I say....
    sorry dow..for writing blurrr entry..*_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehhh how did u buy onion in that way? i dont know weve got such system enabling us to buy onion within a click of a finger?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mr.swift: hye to u too..and thanks...
    happy new year too!!
    :)

    @Arc: nahh..now r you making jokes here or u'r being serious? its online shopping ler...by log-in to the nearest (yg xlah near sgt)supermarket nyer website and just click order to ur monthly shopping list..and choose what date u want them to be send to ur house.
    ok..i hv explain this long.
    now seriously, you r not joking rite?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe...i pon suke..
    *gedik giler*
    :P
    muas you know wat, even though i am a super dummy in tech nad stuff..i truly love it when it comes to the ability to reconnect with my precious friends..be it far or near..hehehhe
    miss you lah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. betul nii rindukan muas,.huhu,.rindu adah jugak,.rindu nk mkan bekal sesama,.
    rindu nk tido dalam kelas,.
    rindu segala galanya,.

    ReplyDelete