...and the foot steps that I leave behind

Tuesday, November 9

My name is....errrr

>>of me and mak cik kaunter library..and our very long 'discussion' about my name.

"Sorry, this book is not for you."
"What? Erm.., can you check it again? I booked that book just now, my name should be on that paper"
"Yes, I have checked it. Its not your name. Its for someone else"
"Sorry, but I'm really sure its my name. Its 'S',-
"No. So sorry...this book is not for you...
Urghhhhhh.....
"Okay, look, it is for me. The name written there is the last part of my name. Its not 'binti' but it is part of my name too. Please..., you can check it from your computer"
"Owh...I see. They should have write it down here. I was confused. They should write this (pointing her finger to the word binti)"

>> of me and akak kaunter daftar...and my middle name.

"Do you have any middle name?"
"No, I dont have any."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, of course."
"But, I think you do have a middle name. This one, this is your middle name right?"
"Huh?"
" 'B-i-n-t-i' "
"Oh..no. No, that's not my middle name. It's 'binti', it means the same as ..hurm...'the daughter of'."
"Oh, ok. Sure."

>> of me and a friend and my parcel...

" One slip for you. You got a parcel!"
"Huh? No..that's not mine."
"Eih? I thought that's your name"
"No la... My name kan sepatah je..Dont have--"
"But, that's your father's name right? I mean, the last part?"
"Huh?...Ohhhh...I see..Ok. Thanks"

>> of me and my funniest lecturer and ....Oh, he can speaks Malay!

"I cant remember your name. What was it again? Come on give me a clue."
"Hurm..It starts with an 'A' "
"Oh, now I remember your name"
"Good."(smiling)
"Ada, tak ada. Eh, ada, tak ada..Ada, ke tak ada?"
---(re-pull my smile...grrrr)

>> of me and pak cik operator taxi and booking a cab...

"And what's your name again? Is it Abba?"
"Huh?? Oh..yes yes. That's my name." (gave up)

>> of me and pak cik Asda and confirming orders..

"Can you spell your name again?
"Its 's' for sugar, 'h' for harry, blablablabla... . 'a' for alpha' and 'd' for delta blablabla "
"Okay I'm going to repeat this, its 's' for sugar......blablabala.."
"Yes. Correct."
"Okay, now can you give your email address please? Just to check you order list"
"Okay. its s------------@hotmail.com"
"Erm..can you spell it for me?"
"Huh?!!"

Don't ask what my name is . I am allergic to this question too.

4 comments:

  1. hei. what is ur name hah? forgot la.. hahaha =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haa...cik ain ni nk kene ni..
    isyk2...
    betol ain..tension biler pikir sal name..adoilah..suke2 dorg buat mcm dorg lagik tau name kite ape..n smtmes xtahu nk jawab soklan tu..cos xtahu dorg meankan family name ke first name ke ape.senang2 iyer kan aje..:)
    p/s:i do like my name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. cian plak..
    but i love part middle name yg B.I.N.T.I tu.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha..dat one..
    huh..xley blah gak akak tuh..xpasal2..confident je sal name org..aku lak terkjut..eih,. jak biler???
    :)

    ReplyDelete