...and the foot steps that I leave behind

Monday, February 14

The Notes.

Trips and journey like this always remind me of our foundation years; zaman kami masih budak-budak hingusan. Itu dulu. walaupun sekarang pun kami masih demikian dek kerana kesejukan dan selsema yang amat.
Masa foundation madam pesan, selepas satu trip buat reflection, SWOT, reports and so on.
I guess its not too late to start practicing it now..
So for this trip; the SWOT and the geng, I would have to summarise it this way;

1. Northern Ireland notes and Scottish notes look nice to me. I love them. Esp., the design. However it is not adviseable to use it at other parts of UK (like in my case, using Scottish pound in England) because some people don't recognise these notes and would think of the word 'fraud' when you try to pay things using these 'unrecognised' notes. I said some. Not all.
2. Irish coffee; famous for the mouth watering cream on top and the taste of the coffee itself. However, there are whiskey in it. Not that much, but enough to say, 'Yes, this drink have alcohol in it. Thus, we can't drink it because we are Muslim.' when asked.
3. In Dublin, there are trams (like in famous spot in UK and France) and they call it LUAS. And, no the pronunciation is not lu-as as in Malay word for 'wide', its  a bit more like lu-es. 
4. When purchasing the tickets for the LUAS, there might be a girl or lady or anyone lar there and this person will keep on insisting to help you esp if you seems hesitate to select the correct one (diff lane, direction..). If you let them help, bear in mind, the changes ie coins from the machine will go straight to their pocket. If you refuse, prepare for the F bullets. 
5. Last year, @ Exeter train sttn,we met people from Timor Leste and they mistaken us as a group of Indonesian. In Dublin,to my surprise we were asked if we are from Thailand, and later at Bristol, an Indonesian lady thought that we are from Brunei. And really, I don't understand how was it, we inherit the 'look' from every neighbouring country, but not from our own. Sociology vs biology?? Don't tell me the result. >.<
6. Travelling in winter means travelling as budak-budak hingusan. And I meant it. Every single word. Hence, it is always important to at least know where the nearest Boots or Superdrugs are when you couldn't find any more tissues in your bags.
7. I love Tesco doughnut. They are my next makanan asasi after nasi, and maggi.
8. Things happen. It happens when things happened. Expect the worst, be prepared, said Madam Nori. 3 hours (at least) emergency time is a big must in long journey (and especially the one involving lotsa money). Back up plan A, B, C, D to Z also, as usual, mandatory. 
9. Unlike UK, in Ireland we can take any passing cab to reach our destination. In UK, we have to call the cab to book it first, even if its midnight, even if its an emergency. (I've tried once, they won't let you in).
10. Random. Don't ask where the nearest ATM machine is. You might not get the answer soon enough. Alter the question. It's cash machine, not ATM machine.
11. In Dublin, Taco Fries from Rico's is the best of the best. Great price and great taste. A must try. -only applicable for cheese and lamb lover. 
12. In Ireland, Garda means police and Busanna is bus. I'm not sure how to pronounce it though. And Spar means kedai runcit. I know how to pronounce this one. Exactly how you would pronounce it. 
13. I love pashmina. I love the way it keeps my head warm when every part of my body turned blue and freeze.
14. Bristol buses wont give discount to other students outside of the area. NUS card are so nothing here. So, their day rider would be the most expensive one for me, 4 gbpound.
15. St Valentine's body is in Dublin.Which is why the cab driver thought that we came here for Valentine's day. "sorry, but we dont..celebrate it.". He must be surprised hearing that.




**tibe-tibe teringat lawak dalam kelas tadi. While discussing about communication, my lecturer asked us, "What people usually do in 14th Feb? What would they do on this date?" Suddenly somebody replied; "They went to class". OUchhh!!